Posted on 27/10/2016 by Tim Craig
Salary: c £50,000 + benefits
Sector: Retail Financial Services
Our client is one of the most successful companies in its sector, operating through various large retailing organisations as well has directly with the consumer. The role of In House Counsel has been created in response to increasing demand within the business for specific focus on all legal aspects of the financial services facets of the company.
Reporting into General Counsel, as In House lawyer you will play an important part in ensuring the organisation meets its legal obligations across its product and service portfolio. This is an excellent opportunity to broaden your skill set in an extremely successful and supportive environment.
The key responsibilities of the In House Counsel/Lawyer will be…
- Drafting, reviewing, negotiating and concluding contracts with clients (both retail and corporate)
- Advising on FCA Rules and Regulations
- Advising on MasterCard rules and manuals
- Approving/drafting relevant policies
- Advising on the Money Laundering Regulations and associated AML policies and procedures
- Assist with development of pre-paid Card products
- Providing Group General Counsel with updates on key business issues and projects you are involved with
- Deputising for Group General Counsel
- Provide support to the Compliance Officer and providing general legal support acorss all areas of the business as required
The successful In House Counsel/Lawyer must have…
- A pre-paid card products background
- Sound knowledge of FCA, Mastercard and E-money/Payment Services regulations
- Experience in AML and data protection regulations and procedures
- Experience in drafting retail and corporate product terms
- The ability and gravitas to establish credibility quickly and effectively across the business
- Strong communication skills at all levels
- A well organised, meticulous approach and with good attention to detail
- Resilience, focus and determination together with a flexible, ‘can do’ attitude
- Complex problem solving and critical reasoning skills
Knowledge of litigation procedures would be helpful and you are likely to have a minimum of 2/3 years as a PQE in house lawyer behind you.
If this role interests you and you would like to know more, then do please get in touch! 01244 515548 to Kirsty direct.