Posted on 1/11/2016 by Rachel Hough
Job role: Head of Sales and Customer Acquisition
Salary: c £70,000 + bonus + benefits
Location: L2 9UH
Our client is one of the most successful companies in its sector, in the UK. Now in a significant period of positive change, the organisation is looking to strengthen its outbound call centre operation and recruit an impressive Head of Sales & Customer Acquisition to increase revenue and profitability through effective leadership of the 110 strong call centre team.
Reporting into the Managing Director, this is a brilliant opportunity to make the job your own. With a real focus on growing the SME client portfolio in line with agreed sales targets, as the experienced Head of Sales and Customer Acquisition it’s all about improving new business, retention and affinity customer numbers through creating and delivering the SME acquisition strategy, leading the Contact Centre and driving performance to maximise the achievement of business targets and goals.
This role is based mainly in Liverpool with weekly travel to their main site near Blackpool so a willingness and ability to travel between the two is essential.
The key responsibilities of the Head of Sales & Customer Acquisition will be to…
- Set sales strategies, short and long term, to drive new business sales and the retention of existing customers with a view to delivering on company revenue targets and KPIs
- Champion strong customer relationships through ensuring quality communication at every level
- Manage company CRM data in order to enhance the effective performance of the company sales strategy
- Identify opportunities that facilitate positive change for both new and existing customers
- Align company growth strategy with the financial plans and technical strategy
- Recruit, engage and motivate a high calibre sales team in a high pressure sales environment and ensure good staff retention levels are maintained
- Work in partnership with the wider group as required
- Establish successful relationship management with both internal and external stakeholders
The successful Head of Sales & Customer Acquisition must have…
- The commercial acumen to make appropriate business decisions as each situation demands
- A demonstrable track record of successful contact centre operational management in a service sector and SME focussed environment
- Agility of thought process and behaviour to complement a change programme
- Significant people management experience in both leading others and managing/delivering results through multiple teams
- In-depth knowledge and application of a CRM system, and decent Microsoft Office skills
- Proven skills in building and developing effective relationships with key stakeholders
- Strong problem-solving and strategic thinking skills
- A collaborative approach at the leadership level
- An entrepreneurial, creative and visionary attitude to both leading the team and developing the business
- Exceptional communication skills to influence, engage and inform
- A business degree would be useful but not essential
If this role interests you and you would like to know more, then do please apply now or forward an up to date copy of your CV to us via email to email@example.com. Closing date for applications 10th November.