Posted on 1/06/2017 by Alan Jarque
|Job Title:||Account Manager (Energy)|
|Location:||National - Home Based|
|Salary:||Salary; £38,000-£45,000 DOE + commission + car+ benefits|
|Contact Name:||Rachel Hough|
An award winning leader in the commercial energy broking industry seeks proactive and solutions led Account Managers to become trusted advisors to their assigned customer portfolio, working in the vertical markets of Manufacturing, Retail or Public Sector.
Home-based with a territory that spans the UK, approximately 50% of your time is field based, meeting with customers and establishing yourself as their “go to” person for anything energy. You could be based anywhere in the UK, although ideally you will live centrally to allow ease of access to the motorway system, with Midlands or Cheshire particularly useful.
Within this targeted role you will retain, develop, understand and manage an existing customer portfolio across a broad range of energy products. The role offers a high amount of freedom to successfully manage accounts; consequently it requires a combination of skills covering Business Development and upselling, relationship building, customer service and some project management. In return, your contribution to the business is well recognised and rewarded and a generous benefits package accompanies the role.
Reporting to the Head of Sector, the Account Manager (Corporate) will…
- Proactively manage the renewal process for assigned clients ensuring revenue is maximised and secure early for appropriate time horizon.
- Develop the relationship with the client both in order to sell additional services and products to assigned clients at the right time.
- Seek to understand the sector and customer dynamics, personalities and business drivers.
- Seek feedback in order to continually improve the service offering and carry out front end work to get clients to a positive working relationship
- Continuously review the energy market and competitive landscape to identify new technologies / opportunities and potential new business
- Effectively and efficiently project manage the service delivery, understanding the service requirements, any internal delivery constraints and the potential impact on client SLAs.
- Proactively identifying issues and risk, engaging both internally and externally to resolve
- Provide visibility of actions and opportunities managing CRM and ICMAS systems records accurately and in a timely manner.
- Ensuring that queries on invoices do not lead to debt issues on accounts
- Represent the company at industry and customer events
- Be able to hit and exceed revenue targets.
The preferred Account Manager candidate (Corporate) will..
- Be experienced in the energy sector ideally, although results driven account managers demonstrating B2B capability within the service sector, for example Telecoms, Utilities and Financial Services, will also be considered
- Demonstrate business development and retention of accounts within Corporate clients; Manufacturing, Retail or Public sector client success is of particular interest
- Be familiar with working within a regulated environment and the associated compliance aspects and detail required
- Demonstrate the gravitas to be effective at board level negotiations
- Have strong stakeholder management and communication skills; robust, able to manage client expectations, influence and possess the strength to say no when required
- Possess Project Management skills; able to plan, direct, support and delegate with good attention to detail
- A full driving licence essential, with a willingness to work in the head office in Lancashire for Induction, plus to attend regular meetings
- Have high levels of self-motivation, be able to learn and drive personal development