|Job Title:||Assistant Manager (Retail & Leisure)|
|Salary:||Circa £24-26k pa DOE|
|Contact Name:||Kirsty Craig|
This long-established, successful leisure, retail and creative activity centre has created a new role of Assistant Manager to work alongside the General Manager in the day to day running of the business. It’s very much hands-on, mainly focussed on the retail shop and the children’s activity area, so whilst you will be overseeing a small team plus casual workers, you will also be getting stuck into whatever needs doing to ensure that the customers’ needs and expectations are met every time.
As the business operates 6 days a week including weekends and 7 days a week during school holidays, you will, as the Assistant Manager, need to be able to work weekends as required. It’s a broad and varied role that would suit an energetic, confident person who really enjoys the customer interaction. This is a lovely opportunity to become part of a real success story set in a truly beautiful location.
As Assistant Manager, your key responsibilities are to:
- Ensure the smooth and efficient running of the business on a daily basis.
- Lead the team in dealing with customers both in person and via the telephone, ensuring the highest level of customer service at all times.
- Take future bookings over the telephone and manage the planning process accordingly.
- Create staff rotas to ensure full cover as needed, managing casual workers’ shifts as necessary.
- Champion the brand with both the team and customers.
- Manage stock across the retail area of the business.
The successful Assistant Manager candidate:
- Will have extensive experience of working in a similar sort of business within the leisure, hospitality and retail sector, and all that this entails.
- Is a brilliant communicator on all levels, with the ability to manage customers and their expectations efficiently and professionally.
- Works well under pressure and has the ability to multi-task as needed.
- Is an excellent planner and very organised with sound problem-solving skills.
- Has a cheerful, proactive and supportive attitude and is a team player.
- Is highly skilled in adapting proactively to whatever situation arises with either staff or the wide range of customers that the business attracts.
- Takes a practical hands-on approach to their day to day responsibilities.
In return, you will receive a salary of £24,000 to £26,000 per annum depending on experience.
Closing date for applications is 21st October 2018.