A charitable organisation, based in a wonderful, historic building with fantastic gardens on the Chester outskirts, seeks a committed business developer for a fixed term contract until June 2018.
This is a rewarding role, where you will drive sales and in turn support the charities mission through promoting and raising the profile of Chester’s best kept secret. Joining a small and friendly team, you will sell the venue for a variety of events for both corporate and private uses, including weddings, conferences, unique overnight accommodation and training.
Attractive Monday to Friday office hours accompany the role and we would ideally like you to start in August 2017.
The events and business developer will..
- Grow and capitalise the current business levels to meet agreed sales and revenue targets
- Speak to and meet with potential B2C and B2B customers to present the unique aspects of the venue and convert initial enquiries
- Respond in timely fashion to incoming enquiries
- Maintain regular contact with clients as their enquiry progresses
- Make outbound calls to prospective business customers to raise the profile of the venue and invite in for open days and meet and greets
- Negotiate terms and close sales
- Work in line with the current high quality delivery and ensure high levels of customer satisfaction and to generate repeat business
- Create detailed cost proposals
- Research appropriate market segments and potential new markets
- Produce sales reports and direct future buying trends
The ideal events and business developer will demonstrate…
- Proven success meeting targets in a sales environment
- Previous exposure to hotel, conferencing or weddings sales is ideal, or you may have been a charity fundraiser, for example
- An ability to translate our unique points; such as our commitment to environmental issues and carbon reduction into a confident message to support sales and promotion
- An ability to follow a straightforward sales process to generate new business
- Confidence to get on the telephone and speak to people about our charity and our venue
- A commitment to customer service excellence, it’s what our customers always say about us
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and ability to make a positive first impression at meetings
- A good level of numeracy to support the creation of proposals and costings
- A positive, confident and determined approach
- An outgoing personality, who is tenacious and passionate about what our charity delivers for young people, families and low income communities