An excellent opportunity for an experienced Finance Manager/Financial Controller with a background in manufacturing to join this young and rapidly growing business based near Wrexham. With significant investment over the last 12 months, our client is at the forefront of PVC compounding and brings pioneering new technology to the market place.
This role would suit an ambitious Finance Manager/Financial Controller looking to be an influential part of a business that has gone from strength to strength in the two years. Reporting direct to the Managing Director, your role and responsibilities will develop as the business continues to evolve and you will build your own team as business needs dictate. Long term prospects to director level for the right person are a reality with the potential for equity.
The key responsibilities of the Finance Manager/Financial Controller will be to…
- Prepare budgets and cash flow forecasts with the MD
- Produce all sales invoices and process supplier invoices every month, via Sage Line 50
- Manage all credit control activity efficiently
- Process all bank transactions via Sage Line 50
- Deliver monthly management accounts, working cashflows and prepare year-end accounts for audit
- Work with trade finance partners on purchase requisitions
- Ensure supplier payments are on time, every time
- Liaising with invoice discounting provider and drawing funds as required
- Deal with routine accounts matters on an as and when basis
The successful Finance Manager/Financial Controller candidate…
- Has a proven track record of success in a similar role within a manufacturing/production environment
- Will be ambitious and looking to join a young, rapidly growing company where his/her influence is significant in its development
- Must have demonstrable experience of working with factoring/invoice discounting systems and software
- Will be happy to multi task in the first few months as the business develops to the next level, dealing with routine accounting process such as sales and purchase ledgers, managing the bank and dealing with payroll/pensions
- Has excellent and proven interpersonal skills – it’s a small team but with BIG ambitions!
- Will have a working knowledge of the new Auto Enrolment scheme
- Is fully experienced in Sage Line 50 and Microsoft Office suite
- Will be comfortable under pressure, self motivated and focussed in their approach
- Preferably degree level or equivalent accounting qualification, and Sage qualified