An established and highly successful SME regional food production business, now under new ownership due to the retirement of the previous owners, is looking to appoint a General Manager to provide strategic and operational leadership at all levels. With overall responsibility for the running of the business on a day to day basis on behalf of the group, your focus as General Manager will be on growing the business through achieving improved efficiencies and performance across both people and process.
It’s a brilliant time to come on board. The business is very profitable and well regarded in the region with significant potential to both increase turnover with existing customers as well as developing into new markets. The opportunity is there for you to make this role your own and write the new chapter of this lovely company…
As General Manager your key responsibilities will be to...
- Provide strong, effective leadership and line management support to the team to maximise individual contribution
- Oversee the marketing activity including branding, website, social media activity
- Represent the business with customers and as an active member of the industry’s trade organisations
- Develop and implement strategic plans which guide and drive the effective running of the business
- Keep up to date with developments in the wider sector related context in order to identify and introduce new products
- Set both business and pricing strategies through negotiating with suppliers
- Ensure that all relevant legislation is adhered to at all times and across the business as a whole
- Evaluate risk both strategic and operational and act accordingly
The skills and experience we are looking for in our new General Manager...
- A proven track record of strong leadership in a similar role within a successful SME manufacturing operation, preferably food or food related
- Financially astute and experienced in delivering continuous improvement
- Demonstrable success in engaging with and building mutually beneficial relationships with customers and commercial partners
- Proven delivery of commercial growth and success
- A confident, shrewd communicator with both internal and external stakeholders
- The ability to analyse, evaluate and utilise complex information
- A strong people manager who sees the value in their team and knows how to maximise performance
- Someone who is both self-motivated and who excels at motivating others
If you are interested do please email your CV to email@example.com as soon as possible.
Closing date for applications: 24th August 2018