An experienced and technically competent HR & Recruitment Manager is sought to take the people operations to the next level and support the continued growth and expansion of a well-established and highly successful independent home care company. Working over three sites, this is a challenging and rewarding role for a Human Resources Generalist, the key deliverables focus on Recruitment, Engagement and Retention strategy and delivery.
Whilst a background in health and social care is undoubtably helpful, you will demonstrate flexibility of approach; being able to operate effectively in a corporate role, within a business that is governed by strong family values, and thus able to maintain good relationships with the diverse people within the business.
With two direct reports, the HR & Recruitment Manager will…
- Lead and direct the human resources team to provide a comprehensive service to the business
- Manage, update and implement process and procedure
- Ensure that staffing levels are maintained at a level to meet the business demands; developing and maintaining candidate attraction routes, managing the selection process, managing absence etc
- Implement performance management best practice from Induction and throughout the employee life cycle, working with Managers to implement process
- Support and coach Managers to deal with people issues, including D&G
- Ensure compliance regarding staff training and development, maintaining the training matrix
- Measuring employee satisfaction; identifying, mapping and delivering improvements in engagement
- Attend management meeting and provide reports on key people measures
The ideal HR and Recruitment Manager will demonstrate..
- Being qualified to CIPD level 5 and holding a relevant degree, ideally
- Success handling fast paced, high volume recruitment
- Being up to date with employment law, able to advise appropriately
- Improving employee retention and engagement rates
- Being hands on, credible and approachable
- Being a car owner/driver who is willing to travel and work between offices within the Cheshire county
- Previously managing the Human Resources function within a care setting is hugely beneficial but not essential
- A willingness to work outside 9-5 to meet the needs of our business
- IT literate, with working knowledge of MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint
In return, the Manager will receive circa £34K salary, pension contribution and healthcare benefit.
Closing date for applications 14th August 2018