Business expansion has created an exciting opportunity for a highly experienced and motivated IT Technical Manager to deliver wide-ranging and unique ICT projects across a range of sectors.
This innovative and successful business provides bespoke ICT solutions to customers across the UK. A 3rd line ICT guru is sought, who is entirely comfortable with a high level of customer communication and able to provide pre and post sales support for clients using their varied work experience and in-depth technical knowhow. This will include; System Design and Installation, network services, Apps, VOIP, EPOS and IP-CCTV. It’s rare to find someone with absolutely everything we need, so product training is provided and your development is important to us.
Reporting to the Company Directors, you will provide occasional 1st line but mainly 2nd and 3rd line Networking and ICT support, installation and training to the company users and clients using your in-depth knowledge of Microsoft software products and PC and server hardware design.
In return you will receive a salary between 28-32K dependent on experience, work attractive Monday to Friday office hours, be provided with a company van, mobile phone and pension.
The role of the IT Technical Manager is to…
- Manage the IT support function; overall operation, availability of resources and adherence to processes
- Provide technical support and advice to all internal and external clients in the use of PC systems, server platforms and network infrastructures
- Undertake site surveys for all system development projects and work with the management team to develop proposals
- Project Manage the installation of all new systems and upgrades
- Proactively and effectively use methodical diagnostic skills to resolve issues relating to server or PC hardware and software problems
- Identify and take action where an issue is identified or an opportunity for improvement exists and discussing these with decision makers at the client site
- Build and configure new servers, PCs and laptops with appropriate software and install on client networks
- Undertake preventative maintenance checks on client servers to ensure full functionality
The ideal IT Technical Manager will demonstrate...
- Holding a relevant qualification; Degree or NVQ level 3, with Microsoft, Apple and/or Dell accreditation
- Experience of Microsoft Windows Server, Microsoft Exchange and Office365 to include troubleshooting, installation, configuration and maintenance
- Experience of Win7 and Win 10 operating systems, telephone line, broadband and router troubleshooting
- Previous success with a sales element to their role or a desire to develop this aspect
- Exposure to a range of different operations and projects, where each site is configured differently
- Positive customer service and sales skills; professional, able to explain the complex simply and spot opportunities for development and improvement
- An eye for detail and a willingness to deliver high quality solutions
- A desire to learn and develop new skills
- A full driving licence and willingness to travel and stay away from home occasionally