This opportunity is working for one of the most successful companies in its sector, operating through various large retailing organisations as well as directly with the consumer. With an inspirational CEO and senior leadership team, this company has an incredibly strong brand. The role of Operational Risk Manager has been created in response to increasing demand within the business for a specific focus on the effective management of a Risk Assurance framework and all that this entails, across every area of the Group’s business.
Reporting into Group General Counsel, you will take the lead in ensuring that this important subject is embedded into the culture of the business and the right outcomes delivered. So, if you are an experienced Operational Risk professional and you are looking for a step up into a more senior role, this is an excellent opportunity to do just that.
Your key responsibilities as Manager are…
- Reporting on the Risk Assurance framework to the Senior Leadership team.
- Drafting / implementing appropriate and relevant processes and policies.
- Reviewing fraud management procedures with a focus on card payments.
- To ensure all departments are totally engaged with this crucial issue for the business.
- Assisting the Head of Audit with the management of the internal audit process; to include the tracking of internal audit issues and reports to the Audit Committee.
- Acting as Assistant Data Protection Officer and be responsible for the relevant policies and procedures.
- Providing support to the Compliance Officer.
As the successful Manager you…
- Must have demonstrable skills and experience in operational risk management processes and procedures (including fraud management).
- Will have a background in financial services and/or banking.
- Will ideally have a pre-paid card products background and knowledge of FCA, Mastercard and E-money / Payment Services regulations.
- May also have experience in AML and data protection regulations and procedures.
- Should be able to demonstrate skills in complex problem solving and critical reasoning.
- Will have the ability to establish your credibility quickly and effectively across all levels within the business.
This is a great opportunity to work for a well-known, forward thinking company which offers excellent long-term prospects for the right person. Your salary will be circa £37,000 per annum plus bonus and if you feel your experience and skills are a good match for this role, then please apply with your CV with a covering letter.