This newly created role of Operations Manager has been established to drive the continued growth and expansion of a well-established and highly successful home care company. Whilst a background in health and social care is helpful, evidence of strong commercial acumen and people management skills with significant contribution to the achievement of the business strategy, carries more importance than the Industry experience.
This is a challenging yet highly rewarding role. Key deliverables for the Operations Manager are focused on the delivery of strategy, together with ensuring continuous improvement of operational processes and standards to CQC standards, and being responsible for the delivery of a high quality, safe service to end users.
Reporting to the Managing Director, the Operations Manager will be responsible for...
- Identifying and pursuing areas to deliver company growth and development, to include establishing new offices
- Generating ideas to improve operational process and practices and implementing agreed practices across the team
- Ensuring compliance in all functional aspects to meet CQC standards
- Providing effective management of Service Managers and the Safeguarding and Quality Manager to deliver excellent standards of care to all service-users
- Business development activities, writing and delivering business winning tenders
- Driving engagement across all support workers and teams to deliver exceptional people practices. A focus will be on recruitment and retention.
- Ensuring that all care packages are well-managed; with regular quality reviews and timely notification to relevant commissioners
- Balancing the commercial focus of the business with the needs of the end user
- Challenging administrative and safeguarding practices and identifying actions needed to drive operational and service-delivery forward
- Supporting the Head Office teams by providing advice and responses to queries and complaints to policies and procedures
- Liaising with the Finance Manager to effectively with Finance/Payroll to deliver a cost-effective care service
- The development, implementation and delivery of Training, Monitoring, and Quality Assurance processes
The ideal Operations Manager will be
- Qualified to degree level
- Able to demonstrate achieving business growth within a SME sized business
- Highly skilled in creating, improving and implementing operating processes
- An expert multi-tasker, able to manage a range of activities and think on their feet
- Able to demonstrate previous success with the tendering process
- Strong yet supportive, with a library of proven management tools and the ability to lead multi-disciplined teams to success
- Knowledge of the CQC standards is helpful but not essential as training will be provided
- An excellent communicator with sound presentation skills
- Hands on, positive and resilient
- A car owner/driver who is willing to travel and work between offices within the Cheshire county, and beyond
- IT literate, with working knowledge of MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint
Closing date for applications; 27th October 2017.