|Job Title:||Production Supervisor|
|Location:||Bridport, DT6 3BE|
|Start Date:||As soon as possible|
|Contact Name:||Kirsty Craig|
An excellent opportunity has arisen for an experienced and ambitious Production Supervisor with a background in general engineering and/or sheet metal manufacturing, to join this well established and innovative manufacturing SME. It’s a fast-moving, dynamic environment where both commitment and a ‘yes we can’ attitude are welcomed and appreciated by the directors.
Reporting into the Director of Operations, the main focus of the Supervisor’s role is on strong management and leadership of the team on a day to day basis, to ensure that output is of the highest quality and delivery of the finished product is on time, every time. So, if you are looking for that next step up the career ladder with a company whose people are central to its success and where hard work and good results are recognised by the directors, this is the right opportunity for you.
The key responsibilities of the Production Supervisor are to…
- Manage schedules and oversee processes through efficient and cost-effective use of resources needed to deliver on the agreed schedule.
- Organise, lead, develop and support the team.
- Manage individual and team performance and identify training needs.
- Ensure stock control is up to date and accurate.
- Monitor products and ensure compliance with quality standards.
- Liaise amongst other departments, particularly procurement, design and logistics.
- Ability to understand and prioritise our customers’ expectations.
- Promote a culture of health and safety excellence as part of best practice as well as to meet.
- Monthly KPI reporting to Director of Operations.
The successful Production Supervisor candidate…
- Has a proven track record of success as a Production, Works or Factory Supervisor within in a fast moving, modern manufacturing environment either general engineering or sheet metal manufacturing so that he/she understands the need for the KPIs the client works to
- Must be a practised and effective leader, manager and developer of highly efficient teams
- Has a broad-based overview of quality control, health and safety, maintenance and all other aspects of running a successful production operation
- Must be familiar with health and safety issues related to a manufacturing environment.
- Is an excellent communicator across all areas of the business, both internally and externally
- Should demonstrate a highly organised, thorough and methodical approach and a robust, can-do attitude
- Will ideally be of HNC or graduate calibre with a manufacturing or engineering qualification who has trained in a professional manufacturing environment from the floor up
- Has reasonable IT competency with Microsoft Excel and creating reports/process flows as required
In return, you will receive a salary of c£32,000 per annum depending on experience.
Our client is a great company with an excellent culture and full of ambition to grow significantly over the next five years. To apply for this interesting opportunity, email your CV via the apply button by the closing date.
Closing date for applications: 6th March 2018