|Job Title:||Project Manager|
|Salary:||£42K to £48K per annum DOE|
|Contact Name:||Kirsty Craig|
A brilliant opportunity for an experienced Manufactured Products Project Manager to become part of this highly successful and rapidly growing SME which specialises in the design and manufacture of hi tech pharma and chemical flexible product solutions. It’s a fast moving, dynamic environment where clear thinking and strong organisation are pre-requisites for success.
As Project Manager you will be part of the management team and report into the General Manager. The main focus of the role is to ensure that all relevant projects are delivered on time, on budget and to specification, managing the unexpected in the project delivery process. It involves the planning and control of work through the design and manufacturing teams working closely with the Operations Manager, to the installation, commissioning and handover of the completed project to the client.
The role of Project Manager is to …
- Plan the various project order tasks & stages and maintaining and updating the plan.
- Conduct weekly meetings to review progress with design engineers and manufacturing to effectively coordinate activities.
- Ensure that all required documentation is completed on time and supplied in line with the contract.
- Communicate progress to customers as required and resolving any issues.
- Making sure that all invoicing milestones are actioned to plan and assisting Finance with chasing late payments as required.
- Ensuring that all project related costs are collated – including rework costs, additional unplanned design costs, additional unplanned installation costs etc.
- Conducting order close out meetings and reviewing performance against as-sold – identifying lessons-learned and communicating internally.
- Reviewing existing project and order management processes and developing them in line with industry best practice and the needs of the business.
- Support Sales with client visits and entertainment as required.
- Carry out own duties in accordance with the company’s QHSE policies and procedures.
- Undertake any other tasks connected with the role or within the capabilities of the Project Manager skillset
The successful Project Manager candidate…
- Has a minimum of 5 years in a manufactured product projects environment
- Is able to multi task whilst remaining focused on achieving primary goals
- Must be a true people person with strong, clear communication skills on all levels – both verbal and written
- Is enthusiastic and tenacious – able to motivate, encourage and lead a team to achieve high levels of performance
- Will complete tasks in a timely and efficient manner
- Can be assertive as required and to represent the company at the highest level
- Is familiar with best practice project management techniques and methodologies.
- Has regularly worked with proven business systems, preferably using advanced ERP processes and quality management
- Will have sound financial acumen
- Has excellent IT skills across Microsoft Office as a minimum
- Ideally has some knowledge of pharmaceutical and/or bio-medical product and process standards
- Will preferably hold relevant project management and/or a mechanical or electrical engineering qualifications, or at least demonstrate on going CPD in career so far
In return, you will receive a salary of c£42,000 to £48,000 per annum depending on experience.
Our client is a lovely company with an excellent culture and full of ambition to grow significantly over the next five years. To apply for this interesting opportunity, email your CV via the apply button by the closing date.