An award winning leader within the commercial energy broking sector seeks the addition of a credible and dynamic Sales Consultant to a stable and successful new business team.
Home-based, and with a territory covering the UK, the focus of this field sales role is to develop relationships and opportunities within the corporate arena, utilising strong consultancy skills to understand needs and requirements to maximise the sale of products and services.
A thorough Induction and training programme in both the process and the products on offer maximises success, so you may come from a sales, account management or business development arena, what’s more important is that you bring the drive and gravitas to develop and maintain relationships within high energy spend companies throughout a lengthy sales cycle. Your contribution to the business is well recognised and rewarded and a generous benefits package accompanies the role.
Reporting to the Sales Director, you will:
- Hit and exceed targets set by the management team
- Direct and guide the focus of the lead generator into making relevant appointments for you
- Promote an industry leading range of energy services
- Meet with potential clients to develop and ultimately close business opportunities
- Build and manage a pipeline of opportunities
- Leverage your own network of contacts to generate leads
- Listen to and translate customer needs and wants into an appropriate solution
- Work closely with internal departments to scope appropriate bids and commercial deals
- To represent the company at Industry and Customer events
- To complete associated admin tasks; update CRM and complete activity reports
The ideal Sales Consultant will demonstrate:
- Success within a new business sales role
- The ability to sell services and concepts
- Self-motivation and driven to deliver agreed sales activity
- Knowledge of the UK energy markets is helpful but not essential, you might come from a FMCG, Financial Services, Utilities or Manufacturing sector, we don’t mind!
- Being a true relationship builder who will keep the client engaged throughout the buying process
- An ability to project manage; organised and with an eye for detail
- Superb negotiation skills, commercial and not afraid to close the deal
- Authenticity and credibility
- Flexibility to spend 4 days per week on the road at appointments, and 2 days per month minimum in the office in Lancashire. Consequently a full UK driving licence is a must
- Any second European Language is helpful to assist with the European market but by no means essential
- Being centrally located in the UK, perhaps the Midlands or Cheshire, is key for ease onto the motorway network